Monday, December 31, 2012

Goal Setting for the New Year.

Well, here we go again! It's about this time when all the New Year's resolution BS starts going around. I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that. Well, why has it taken this long or better yet WHY are you waiting for this one day out of the year to have this new era for yourself? YOU have the power and choice to make the change any day of the year! You have to set goals for yourself and not just on this one day out of the year! If life is a journey, how will you get there without an itinerary? Here is my top ten list for goal setting. 1. First and foremost decide what YOU want to accomplish. YOU choose, don't let others choose for you. 2. Start with small goals first. Create a set of small goals and set a time table on accomplishing these goals. For example: "I will loose 10 pounds by March 1, 2013. "I will run 5 miles non stop by March 1, 2013." I will allow myself 2 glasses of wine per week." 3. Be and stay positive. Instead of saying "I am not going to miss my workout today," say "I will make time for at least a 20 min workout." Also, instead of saying "I'm fat" say "I will be healthier" or "I can't get lean" say "I will up the intensity of my workouts." 4. Don't give into fear. Your fear is what holds a lot of people back. It might be that your afraid of what friends or co workers might say. I say screw them! They suck! Don't let anyone hold you back or let the fear hold you back from your goals. That's why the goal is your's not your friends or co workers. Everyone has fears to overcome no matter who they are and if they don't they are lying to you. Surround yourself with positive people in your life! Don't get sucked into negativity! "Fear leads to the dark side."-Yoda 5. Write your goals down and post them up! Heck, even keep your goals on you at all times. Some place where you will see your goal or goals everyday. You don't have to let anyone know your goals. Just make sure you know your goals. 6. Make sure and confirm your goals and that you are on the right path. Am I making the right choices? Making my workouts, eating healthier, saving money, being a better husband/wife, or whatever it may be. 7. Stop putting your goals off. Set a schedule and date and make the time for your goal or goals. Reward yourself for reaching your goals. Make it happen! Now is the time! Why wait? 8.It's ok to think big! Take on the challenge head on and like the challenge! Allow yourself to think great thoughts! Once again be POSITIVE! 9. Every now and then go over your progress. What's holding you back? Stay on the path and don't let anything get in the way of your progress. 10. Have a purpose for your goal. Why are doing what your doing? What is pushing you towards your goal? Why now? Make goals that are relevant to you. Make sure to set new goals once you knock one down. Always be moving forward and never look back! Good luck to all in the this New Year!! I hope everyone reaches for the moon! Be positive this new year and look forward to the new you! I know for me I want to compete in a spartan race later this year and I'm looking forward towards the training that comes along with competing in a spartan race! Take on the challenge! Train to live AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment