Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday's soon to be over

With all the food circling the holidays it's hard to stay on track. I know I had my fair share of cheat meals. Right now is when you have to crank up the intensity even more! Get your diet back on track ASAP! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water along with eating clean.

You can't loose focus during the holiday season. Keep your goal or goals in mind and dig deep through your workouts and find that extra gear or push.

I know I will be cranking out some intense sessions the next few days and I hope you will do the same! You can always push yourself a little harder than you think.

So, get you butt moving into high gear and start the new year off right with a higher intensity level. You have to really get after your workouts. Try and keep your rest periods short and rest only when needed. This will keep your heart rate up during your workout sessions. Don't e afraid to mix in a little HIIT (high intensity interval training) on your off days.

An example might be the stair mill: 20 min 1 min easy and 1 min all out after a warm up. You can also do this for any type of cardio equipment.

Other example might be adding some sprints, prowler push/pulls, and sled dragging to the end of your workouts.

Well, I hope every one enjoyed the holiday season! Time to get back to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment